- Recycling one aluminium can saves enough energy to power a 100-watt bulb for almost four hours.
- For every single can manufactured using virgin ore, the same amount of energy used will produce 20 recycled cans.
- The aluminium drink can is the world’s most recycled container – more than 63% of all cans are recycled worldwide.
- Recycling copper saves up to 85% of the energy used in primary production,
- To extract copper from copper ore, the energy required is approximately 95 million Btu/tonne. Recycling copper uses much less energy, about 10 million Btu/tonne.
- By using copper scrap, we reduce CO2 emissions by 65%
Zinc, Lead & Tin
- Total recovery of zinc within the non-ferrous metals industry amounts to 2.9 million tonnes, of which 1.5 million are new scrap or process residues and 1.4 million are old scrap.
- 50% of the lead produced and used each year throughout the world has been used before in other products.
- Primary production of tin requires 99% more energy than secondary production
Tradmet trades non-ferrous metals in worldwide markets.